Well it’s been a couple weeks since our last house project, so we are getting a little antsy! It is actually a lot of fun to move through the house and tackle room by room DIY style. If you’ve been following along so far you’ve seen our house updates so far including:
Next up on our list is the family room. We spend a lot of time in there and LOVE how cozy the room is. Perfect for snuggling in on cold winter nights. But as with most of the updates I write about it just feels stuck in the early 90’s and needs to be modernized.
Here’s what it looks like today:
Here are the updates we would like to make (some now and some in the future)
- Update the brick wall – this is actually a tough one to figure out how to modernize. To remove the brick would be a pretty big deal we’ve learned so I think we are going to white wash it.
- New, modern mantle
- Paint or stain built-ins – still determining the color on this
- New carpet (eventually)
- Remove popcorn ceiling (eventually)
- Replace ceiling fan/light with can lights (eventually)
- Paint walls
- New couch – If anyone has any recommendations on a sectional that holds up well with dogs and kiddos let me know!
- DIY rustic coffee table
Below are some of the inspirations I’ve found to style the room. I really want it to feel cozy, warm and comfortable but still stylish.
This is going to be a big project so we will most likely take it in phases. Keep you posted!